Paddy is a rare July 1958 PGSG Split Screen Camper Complete, Running and Driving!
For all you early bus lovers, here is your chance to pick up a rare and desired Palm Green Sand Green 1958 bus! This standard is in it’s original configuration, standard ride height, period correct engine and transmission, Just really a good honest stock bus ready for the new owner to finish her off and restore to her former glory.
Some of the highlights of this bus are:
* Palm Green Sand Green Paint (Some original / some respray blended)
* Running 36hp engine with correct 28 PCI Carburetor
* Correct transmission with reduction boxes (Shifts great)
* Has all 3 correct seats with Beautiful Seat Upholstery
* Original panels – bulkhead, long panel, short panel, cargo door panels, front kick panels (The front door panels are a little ratty)
* New Drum Brakes all the way around
* Correct rims / hubcaps
* New wiring harness and restored or replaced many electrical components
* Brand new Stacey Z cab door window, rear hatch glass all correct logos
* Replaced side windows with good original correct logo glass
* Restored speedometer (currently set to 0 miles for the new owner, comes with the uninstalled speedometer cable)
As you can see from the photos, the bus has been hit in the nose, but the door closes and latches without a problem, and the bus is fully functional as it is. This is a great way to get into a rare, complete PGSG with all the seats and interior pieces. You can drive and enjoy this early pressed bumper camper now and fix the rust and nose later, if you want or just enjoy it.
Mechanically the bus is a running and driving bus, It could use some fine tuning but everything is there to do it. Has some of the typical rust spots you would expect, outriggers have some rust. there are some small holes in the floors and the rockers could do with being replaced, The front floor has some small holes and there is some rust in the doglegs also, however, all very standard areas that are easily sorted.
The brakes have all been re-done and the electrical side of the bus is all sorted.
Overall Paddy is a fantastic starting point for a rare project for someone. Once finished this will be a life long ownership camper, or one that could make a solid investment opportunity. Not many left now!
Import only: £24,950